Friday, June 12, 2015
A Discussion on 'Advertising' with Nadiia H.
1. Do you agree with the phrase “Doing business without advertising is like winking at a girl in the dark: you know what you are doing but nobody else does”? Is it possible to sell anything without advert or commercial? Are gossips a helping hand in promoting goods?
2. Is it true that goods of high quality don’t need any advert?
3. What motivates or makes you buy a definite product? Do you believe celebrities who advertise goods?
4. Advertising is the art of convincing people to spend money they don't have for something they don't need. The main principle of it is AIDA (Attention Interest Desire Act). How often do you fall for advert?
5. What are the most ridiculous or stupid adverts ever? Do you have any favourite ones?
6. Do you watch trailers? Why or why not? What do you think about controversial ads? Why are they used? Why do companies use controversial tactics? Do you find controversial ads offensive? What factors makes the controversial advertising offensive?Schedule: June 13, 2015 – 10.30 am - Angela B. – ‘Help’.
Posted by Window on America at 10:56 AM