Sunday, May 24, 2015
A Discussion on "To Be Ukrainian" with Nadiia H.
English Club 23 May 2015
To be Ukrainians
Leader: Nadiia H.
Those who came for this discussion shared their ideas on advantages and disadvantages of living in Ukraine and any stereotypes about Ukrainians. We spoke about customs and ancient traditions that we have in Ukraine, the best Ukrainian books to read and Ukrainian movies to watch, etc. In a nutshell, we started our parade of embroidery shirts here at the Center.
1. Would you like to live in another country for the rest of your life? Why/ Why not? Where?
2. What Ukrainian cities or towns are very special to you? Which ones are not popular with visitors? 3. What are advantages and disadvantages of living in Ukraine?
Discussion: 1. What are the main features that distinguish Ukrainians from other nations? Which of them wouldn’t you like to have?
2. Do you know any stereotypes about Ukrainians? Are they offensive? What about anecdotes?
3. What are the funniest customs and traditions do we have? Did you face with very weird ones? What is your attitude to the parade of embroidery shirts? Should we have a tradition to wear them more often than twice a year?
4. Are you fond of reading Ukrainian literature and watching Ukrainian films? Why/ why not?
5. What Ukrainian inventions and discoveries can you mention? Why have most of them been made abroad?
6. Is it easy to be a Ukrainian patriot in other countries? Why/ why not?
7. Do you believe that turning our Flag upside down will help Ukraine cope with all the problems?
Schedule: May 28, 2015 at 5.30 pm - Serhii Bilozor, May 30, 2015 at 10.30 am - Natalia M. Box of Ideas: do you have any suggestions for summer activities? We are ready to implement them into reality
Posted by Window on America at 2:23 PM