Wednesday, August 17, 2011
"All you need is love"
Fun Fact of the Day: Colorado is the only U.S. state to have turned down hosting the Olympics. The 1976 Winter Olympics were supposed to be held in Denver, but because of protests they were moved elsewhere (http:// www.50states.com/facts/colorado.htm).Topic: "All you need is love."
1. What is a social system? How is it different than other government structures?
2. What do you know about social protection in the U.S., such as welfare? Is this a good program? Do you think that there should be systems of social protection in a place?
3. How important is good health and health care? What is a good system of health care? How is it in Ukraine compared to what you know about the U.S. or other countries like France and England?
4. Would you prefer to attend private hospitals and dentists or state ones? What are the pros and cons of each? Do you think it is important to have insurance? How does insurance change health care and a person's state of health in general?
5. What do you think about recent events in England relating to social systems? Why do you think these riots really happened? What are your impressions of the riots as they followed a fatal police shooting? Did they form as a discrepancy between generations, such as the youth and older individuals? Do they have to do with money?
Posted by Window on America at 11:25 AM