Saturday, September 17, 2011
Goals and Success
Fun Fact of the Day: "The hottest temperature recorded in the United States (and in North America) was in Death Valley, California on July 10, 1913. The temperature measured 134F (56C)" (http://geography.about.com).
/http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_T_tA1CN4LEA/SwQ0KuGr-gI/AAAAAAAAAfk/6aLluCpT6OA/s1600/sucess.jpg/What one change can you make to dramatically increase your success? Learn how to set specific goals when goal setting and use specific goals in all your business planning. Goals need to be specific if we have any chance of accomplishing them. Setting specific goals when we're goal setting sets us up for success rather than failure. Before you can set specific goals designed to increase your business success, you need to know what you mean by success /http://sbinfocanada.about.com/cs/successprogram/a/week2.htm/.
Topic: Goals and Success
1. How important is it to have solid goals for the future? Do you consider yourself as a goal-oriented person or one who plans ahead? If so, how far in advanced to you tend to think? What is the difference between short-term goals and long-term ones?
2. What does the term "success" or "being successful" mean to you? Does it lead to personal satisfaction with a job or in your studies? Is it related to financial success? What does it take to become a 'successful" person?
3. What is one of your biggest goals? Do you need to set goals in order to become successful in your future career, finances or personal life?
4. Do you have a "five-year" plan or know anyone else who does? What are the positives and negatives of planning that far in advance?
5. Are your successes and failures in reaching your goals tied to other people, such as family or friends? Do you care what other people think of your accomplishments, both professionally and personally?
6. How would you feel if you failed to meet one of your goals? To feel successful, do you have to meet all of your goals or can they change over time?
Schedule: Thursday 22 September at 5:30, Saturday 24 September at 10:30
Posted by Window on America at 2:31 PM