Sunday, September 25, 2011
Fun Fact of the Day: New Amsterdam. Indianna is the smallest city in the U.S., with a population of 1 (http://www.theholidayspot.com).
Topic: Inferority / Superiority Complex
1. In your opinion, what is the inferiority complex? What is the superiority complex? Related words: hierarchy (structure), self-righteousness (feelings of greater value), narcissism (egoism), megalomania (fantasies of wealth or power), hubris (extreme pride or arrogance).
2. What characteristics may make someone feel less qualified or less intelligent than another person? Do you believe that feelings of inferiority are based on self-esteem or are they created by others' actions?
3. What may make someone feel better that others? Are feelings of superiority or greatness created by self-interest or through interactions with others?
4. What are the advantages and disadvantages to feeling inferior or superior? Are feelings of inferiority or superiority always negative or are there sometimes benefits? Do you think that inferiority or superiority complexes help or hurt our lives?
5. Does age lead to feelings of inferiority or superiority? How may personal history or the surroundings social environment cause someone to feel inferior or superior?
6. Has anyone ever made you feel inferior? How did you deal with that feeling?
7. Have you ever felt superior to someone? If so, why did you feel that way? Do you think it was a fair assessment? Why or why not?
Schedule: Thursday, 29 September 2011 at 5:30, Saturday, 1 October 2011 at 10:30
Posted by Window on America at 12:15 PM