Fun Fact of the Day: "The grizzly bear is the official state animal of California. But no grizzly bears have been seen there since 1922" (www.theburningplatform.com).
l. What is climate? How would you describe the climate in Ukraine? How does it differ across the country and throughout the seasons? How does climate affect food production and wildlife? What are the most fertile, hottest, coldest, wettest, and driest places you can think of, in Ukraine and worldwide?
2. What is "climate change"? How does climate and changes it its patterns affect our daily lives? Do you think that climate is drastically changing worldwide? If so, what evidence can you see to support this theory? What are the dangers of climate change?
3. What is "global warming"? What are "greenhouse gases"?Do you believe that global warming really exists? If so, what causes it? Is it a man-made phenomenon or is it natural? How has it changed our world?
4. Do you see evidence of global warming here in Vinnitsa? If you do, what examples can you provide? Have there been any major changes since your childhood, for example? How do you explain the extreme cold of last winter, which scientists called the "coldest in the region in 30 years"? Why might this have happened?
5. Have you heard of the "ozone hole"? Where is it primarily located? Do you know how this phenomenon formed? Is this related to global warming? Is it a man-made problem ora natural phenomenon? How is it affecting people across the globe? Do you think this problem will increase or eventually correct itself?
6. How do you think Ukraine and the world's climate will continue to change over the next 100 years? Based on current patterns, do you think climate change will accelerate or eventually decrease?What additional changes do you think people will have to make to deal with new climates?
Schedule: Please place your topic ideas in our Suggestion Box!