Thursday, August 16, 2012
Family Life... How do you think family life will transform in the next 100 years?
Fun Fact of the Day: "The state of Alaska is 429 times larger than the state of Rhode Island. But Rhode Island has a significantly larger population than Alaska" (www.theburningplatform.com).
1. How do you characterize relationships between children and parents in Ukraine? Do you think that social status or the number of children in a family, for example, alters relations between family members? How often do you see members of your extended family? How important are establishing even minor family ties here? How do you think this differs from other places abroad?
2. What is more important in forming a person's character, family or peer (friend) influence? Does family ever pressure an individual to act a certain way with others, thereby negatively affecting relationships with friends?
3. Do you think that discipline is important? If so, what kind of discipline do you think is best within a family? Do you believe that children truly are a product of their parents' beliefs and ideals, even subconsciously imitating their behavior, regardless of if it's negative or positive?
4. How do you solve conflicts within your family? How does it differ between separate family members? If you were in a fight with an extended family member, for example, how would you choose to solve this problem? How would this differ from a member of your nuclear family? An in-law? A sibling?
5. Do you think that family ties need to be biological to be important? What do you think about adoption? Is there a difference between adopting children within your own country or from abroad? Would you ever consider adopting a child? What problems may arise from this practice? What dynamic might exist in a family with both biological and adopted children?
6. How do you think family life will transform in the next 100 years? Do you think it will still be relatively the same dynamic? Do you believe practices like adoption will increase? Will more extended family choose to live together or will families further separate? What key changes do you think will happen within Ukraine and abroad?
Schedule: Please place your topic ideas in our Suggestion Box!
Saturday, 18 August at 10:30
Thursday, 23 August at 5:30
Posted by Window on America at 10:58 AM