Thursday, May 10, 2012
English Club With Magic and Tricks Today
Thursday 10 May 2012
Topic: Magic and Tricks
Fun Fact of the Day: “Harry S. Truman was the only president in his century who didn’t have a college education” (www.stephencarr.com).
1. Do you think there is any difference between illusions and tricks? What are some examples of illusions? What are some tricks you have seen?
2. What is magic? What are the various different definitions of the word “magic”? Do you consider magic as a real art? Why or why not?
3. What is your attitude toward the art of magic? Would you ever see a magic show? What are different types of magic that you have seen or heard of? Do you find magic interesting?
4. Do you think magic performers make our lives more exciting? How are we all affected by magic?
5. What do you think of levitation and telekinesis? Do you think these phenomena exist in reality or is it a part of performance? Have you seen a legendary illusion?
of levitation, like that performed by David Copperfield, for example? How would this even be possible?
6. Would you ever try performing magic yourself? Are you interested in learning more about the art of magic and practicing illusions or tricks?
Tricks Display, following discussion.
Posted by Window on America at 6:21 PM