Thursday, September 27, 2012
English Club on "Acquaintances and Social Life"
In our journey through life, we encountered tons and tons of people, and some of these strangers have turned into acquaintances. Then, if you're really lucky, some of these acquaintances may form into friendships. But my best friend has always been there for me and vice versa. You are welcome to discuss this topic today.
Fun Fact of the Day: “The first night baseball game was played in Cincinnati, Ohio” (johnb0127.hubpages.com). Topic:
1. What is an acquaintance? Do you think that it is important to have a lot of acquaintances? How might they be useful? How many acquaintances do you think you interact with on a daily or weekly basis? Where do you interact with them?
2.What’s the difference between an acquaintance and a friend? How important do you think friendship is in our daily lives? Do you think it’s possible to have many “true” friends? How many people do you consider as real friends? How did you meet them and how long have you known each other?
3. There is a saying: “to have a good friend, you need to be a good friend.” Do you agree with this sentiment? What makes a person a good friend? Do you think that you can ever have a “best” friend? If so, what would make someone your best friend?
4. Do you think that having an active social life helps increase or decrease friendships? What do you consider an “active” social life? Is this a priority to you? What activities do you like to do to relax and have fun? How can you maintain a balance between work and social spheres?
5. Generally, who do you think has better social interactions, married or single people? Why might marital status affect our social lives? Is this a positive or negative change, in your opinion? How can this status alter friendships and increase or decrease the number of acquaintances?
6. How do our social lives change over time? What are the biggest factors that alter them? Similarly, how do friendships change over time? Is it possible to lose friends and gain others? If a friendship has been lost, can you ever regain this relationship? How can acquaintances turn into friends? Is there anything you would like to change about your social life or friendships?Schedule: Saturday, 29 September at 10:30
Thursday, 04 September at 5:30
Posted by Window on America at 9:11 PM